Eeeeee, October! A fall-lovers favorite month. I’m so excited for all things including and not limited to: leggings, flannels, pumpkin everything, tons of tea, baking, the Crockpot I want to buy, DIYs, and so much more. A little look at the past week…
YUM: My friends and I went to The Cheesecake Factory one night this week and was pleasantly surprised! The portions are still massive (we weren’t super hungry and shared two small plates + a slice of tuxedo cheesecake) but it was inexpensive, oddly comforting, and no-frills compared to most establishments in the DC-area.
THIS WEEKEND: It’s October, and Joaquin is storm coming. Can you say hibernation? I have a couple of fun plans here and there but plan to spend most of the weekend holed up with tea, flannel, my Kindle, computer, and Netflix! What about you?
– Flannel/button down season is in full swing and if you’re like me, it’s not always easy to nail down the perfect fold. Here’s how to do it…and if it looks familiar, it’s how J.Crew does it on their mannequins!
– Ralph Lauren stepped down as CEO of his namesake company and will be succeeded by Old Navy president Stefan Larsson. Lauren will still hold an active role in the brand, but this change potentially marks a significant shift in the company. Curious to see what things look like down the line! The Times did a little timeline of his career.
– Speaking of J.Crew, this coat just came in the mail and I am in love! After being in the market for a new winter coat for at least a year, I went for this one when it was on sale earlier in the week!
– 10 healthful foods that are worth their price tag–which ones are in your kitchen?
– There’s a Tory Burch sale going on right now, with 20% off your purchase of $300, 25% off $500, and 30% off $750. They make some of the best classic, investment pieces out there, like the Robinson Satchel (I have the old style and love it) and gorgeous riding boots.
Image Wendy’s Lookbook Instagram with text added by Monica Dutia for Cake & Lilies