Well guys, it’s here. The first real snowfall of the season! If you haven’t heard, they’re expecting DC to get hit with a blizzard of epic proportions and people are freaking out, as expected. The entire metro system is shutting down from tomorrow night through Sunday (this hardly ever happens) and the grocery stores have been a zoo this week. While we’re planning to stay indoors for the most part, I fully intend to go out and enjoy the snow because somehow, this Texan can’t get enough of it. Side note, though, for anyone who went to college in a cold climate: how did we survive going out in tiny outfits and temperatures in the teens + windchills? I saw a girl walking sans tights last night and thought she was an idiot, till I realized I did the same thing more times than I care to admit (and when I wore flats in the snow on a regular basis. Never, ever, do this). Please tell me I’m not alone! Those were the days.
Anyway, have a great weekend, friends, and stay safe + warm if you’re in the path of the storm!
SHOPPING: I haven’t been doing much shopping lately, as I tend to almost unintentionally cut back around this time of year following all the holiday shopping. However, there also happen to be lots of huge sales around this time, so I picked up this sweater from J.Crew last weekend along with this silk tank ($20 in store). I have the grey version of the sweater and it miraculously machine washed well on delicates (air dry), so figured at $22, snagging it in navy wasn’t a bad buy.
EATING: My roommate and I made this slow cooker sesame chicken this week…an easy recipe if you’re looking to have something to last you a few days.
– I loved Katie’s post on her top blogging tools…a must-read if you blog, but also an interesting one if you don’t, as it’s a little behind-the-scenes.
– Have you seen the Turbo Lamb?
– For some reason, cooking with cauliflower is really appealing to me right now. I have yet to do it, but this “rice” recipe is high up on my list! Though I heard there’s a bit of a shortage of it right now and it’s surprisingly super popular…anyone notice this?
– How to ask for a raise – something to bookmark even if now’s not an ideal time.
– How to walk in high heels. No further explanation needed….you’re welcome :) (thanks, Jess! Also her story will crack you up. And she’s responsible for this Instagram, which I’m sure many of you can relate to.)
– All this talk of snow make you realize you’re lacking in the boot department? Don’t miss my guide to buying L.L. Bean boots! Many styles are backordered, but it several aren’t and it doesn’t hurt to get your order in now anyway because they’ll be backordered again before you know it. Note that they are excluded from all L.L. Bean sales due to popularity, but do ship free!
ICYMI: A grapefruit smoothie recipe to try, products I swear by to combat dry skin in the winter, my five favorite travel resources (I’d love to hear yours!), and a cozy outfit with the only sweater I’d want to wear out this weekend.
Image via my Instagram with some edits