6.13.16 19

A Beauty Secret: The Best Razors for Women

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a good weekend…if yours was anything like DC’s, like it or not– summer is here to stay!

Harry's Razors - The Best Razors for Women: Harrys Razors for Women featured by popular Washington DC style blogger, Monica Dutia

A bit of a random topic here today, but one I’ve been wanting to share for awhile. It’s also kind of one of my only beauty secrets. The timing worked out well with Father’s Day next weekend, because we’re talking about a brand of men’s razors and why they’re equally good for women. Harry’s…have you heard of them?

THE BEST RAZORS FOR WOMEN: HARRYS RAZORS FOR WOMEN

Basically, Harry’s manufactures their own, high quality products and sells them directly on their website (and through select retailers), which allows them to keep costs low and be completely transparent about their manufacturing process and product construction. Their offerings are limited, but that’s actually a good thing–it’s easy what’s available and makes for a much more pleasant shopping experience.

Why I love Harrys Razors for Women:

The blades (and razors handles) are inexpensive. Anyone else cringe at the cost of women’s razor blade refills from the drugstore? That was the biggest draw for me when I started considering a switch…Harry’s blades can be as low as $1.75 each, and shipping is free for purchases over $10. I definitely use each blade them more times than I should, but probably average replacing a blade every six to eight weeks. They also offer a subscription if you don’t want to have to remember to reorder new blades.

The branding in on point. The first time I saw a Harry’s razor is back when J was getting Birchbox Man and a the Truman razor. The sleek design and solid navy color caught my attention immediately. He already had an electric one he liked and hadn’t used the Harry’s one, so I stole it one day when I was over and needed to shave my legs. That was that–I ordered my own the next day and have used it exclusively since!

– They’re just really good razors. Plain and simple: they’re so, so good. I use the most basic version daily–buy it solo here, or spend $5 more and get the intro set with a couple of replacement blades. The Winston set is pictured in this post (or get the handle with one blade here).

They’re easy gifts–especially for the guys. While I’m not sure I’d give a girlfriend a nice razor set as a gift (maybe a really good girlfriend who’s reluctant to spend $ on herself), Harry’s is a great gifting item for the men in your life. There’s a Father’s Day set available right now, and a limited edition Father-Son set that’s really adorable. They’d be a great option for a man on the go–the little plastic covering that snaps over the blade (pictured below) is one of my favorite features, as it makes traveling with your razor so much easier. I used to try to dry mine all the way and put it in a plastic bag to avoid having the blades come into contact with other toiletries…no more!

What do you guys think about Harrys Razors for Women? Are you willing to try them? Let me know in a comment below!

Harry’s provided this particular set to me for this post, but all opinions are my own–I’m happy to have discovered the brand over two years ago :)

19 Comments

1. Yes! I’ve been wanting to try Harry’s razors for some time – need to do it!

Published 6.13.16
    • Monica wrote:

Hope you like it! It was such a pleasant surprise when I discovered how good they were.

Published 6.15.16
  2. Sarah wrote:

This really would make a lovely gift! Thanks for sharing, Monica!

XO, Sarah | http://www.thebellainsider.com/ | http://www.instagram.com/sarah_thebella

Published 6.13.16
  3. Nice razor! Like to have it.

Published 12.27.16
  4. Kelsey Chaney wrote:

I’ve been using Harrys since 2013 when my husband bought a set and ordered a 2nd for me. I love it, and I don’t seem to get the little nicks I used to get. I haven’t used anything else since. I’m really surprised that they don’t market to women.

Published 2.6.17
    • Monica wrote:

Right?! Luckily more and more women seem to be discovering them…my guess is they wanted to get into the niche men’s market but are happy to have us jumping on the bandwagon, too :)

Published 2.6.17
  5. Lydia Sugarman wrote:

Have you tried using it for the bikini area?

After years and enough bad experiences, I’ve stopped going for waxes and gone back to shaving. At least, I know everything is clean and the only person using anything on me is me!

Besides, shaving’s so much cheaper and more convenient. I don’t seem to get as many ingrowns either.

Published 12.26.17
    • Monica wrote:

I have! I personally have really sensitive skin and am very prone to ingrowns but this has been better for me than any other brand!

Published 12.29.17
  6. Tom Gleason wrote:

Have use the razor for over two weeks and it’s the best I’ve used.
    My beard is so much softer and day two I don’t really need to shave.
    I highly recommend Harry’s!!!

Published 3.5.18
    • Monica wrote:

So glad to hear it, Tom!

Published 3.7.18
  7. Debby wrote:

I’m looking for a woman’s razor, that isn’t so expensive. I now use Schick and the replacement razors are almost $16.00 for 4 of them. UGH! Please HELP me.

Thanks

Published 4.22.18
  8. Dawn wrote:

Love them!!! I have gotten the trial for myself, Dad, Brother and boyfriend. My Dad is still thanking me, he LOVES his. At 73 years old thats saying a lot!! What do you get the man that has everything??? Thanks so much!

Published 6.24.18
    • Monica wrote:

That’s amazing!! I’m so glad they all love them too–what a random item that we’ve all fallen in love with, right? But no complaints :)

Published 6.24.18
  9. Deanna Hardison wrote:

Absolutely!!!! I have wanted to try them for awhile but never knew if they were for women too. I spend so much money on razors that it’s ridiculous. I’ve never understood why they are so expensive. So with all that said i’m going to order some for my boyfriend and myself. I’m sure i will love them. Thanks :)

Published 7.12.18
    • Monica wrote:

Exactly!!! I hope you both love them!

Published 7.17.18
  10. Cindy Miller wrote:

We were just talking about Harry’s that are used by men in our household and wondered if hey had them for women!

Published 8.11.18