Today’s recipe has been on my “to make” list for awhile, and one I thought would be annoyingly complicated. Boy was I wrong! Homemade pimento cheese dip is probably one of the easiest, yummiest dips I’ve made and will absolutely be a staple for potlucks, BBQs, watching sports, etc. It’s so versatile, seasonless, and is the best thing to put on burgers. I mean, something you can eat with chips/crackers as an app and then spread on top of any kind of sandwich? Yes, please!!
Pimento Cheese Dip
Makes about 6 servings
– 1 cup monterrey jack cheese, shredded
– 1 cup medium sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
– 8oz cream cheese, softened (I used light)
– 4oz diced pimentos, drained (I used half a jar of these; note that the jar doesn’t say “pimentos”)
– 1/2 cup light mayo
– 1/4 heaping teaspoon garlic powder
– dash paprika
– dash chili powder
– salt and black pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in a large bowl and use a mixer to on medium until all ingredients are well combined. Serve with bread, crackers, or as a spread on a sandwich or burger.
Photos by Monica Dutia for Cake & Lilies