It feels weird to talk about fall when it’s over 80 degrees outside, so here are some pumpkins instead.
I’m gearing up for a fun weekend in Richmond with Katie! We’re staying at the newly renovated Jefferson Hotel and are planning to explore the city and hit up a cidery on Saturday. Despite living in DC for five years total (one being seven months during college), I’ve never been to Richmond and am excited to check it out! People who are from there or have lived there always have so much city pride that I’m pretty sure it’s actually really underrated :) If you have any recommendations, please send them my way!
SHOPPING: The time of year when allll the summer stuff is super marked down yet all you want to do is shop for fall…but you know I love a good deal, so here are a bunch of warm weather finds that make sense to buy now and wear later, because you’ll thank yourself a few months from now.
– I want to try Hitha’s recipe for an egg roll bowl–a deconstructed version of one of my favs? Yes, please!
– If you’re looking to up your photography game and don’t know where to start, bookmark Katie’s post on DSLR photography–it’s really digestible and thorough for bloggers and non-bloggers alike!
– Croatia is a country I’ve been wanting to visit for years (before it was trendy, I swear)…I did a homestay in northern Italy on the Slovenian border the summer before my freshman year of high school, and we were talking about making it to Croatia but were too tight on time to have it work out. Anyway, it’s seemingly turned into the place to go (thanks in part to GoT) and if it isn’t on your travel destination wishlist, it will be now! Everyone I know who has been said only good things, so fingers crossed we can make it happen in the next couple of years.
– The pot de crème at Le Diplomate is hands down my favorite dessert in DC, yet I’ve never even tried to make a version of this dessert on my own at home! May need to start with this hot chocolate pot de crème recipe.
– Andddd one more fall recipe for ya: this honeycrisp pandowdy. I’ve never even heard of a pandowdy before but it looks and sounds amazing so we’re going to give it a try (ideally post-apple picking!)
– All-you-can-fly from NYC to Paris? Not a joke!
– Five Instagram mistakes hindering blogging growth–a must read if you’re a blogger.
– Five of my most used blogging tools–they save me so much time and stress!
Image via The Penny Perspective