And just like that, October is around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about transitioning closets for cooler weather, how soon is too soon to decorate with pumpkins, and what weekend to schedule apple picking for a guaranteed chill in the air. I’m resisting the urge to break out all my sweaters until next weekend because we’re still supposed to be in the mid-70s next week, but I’m just really excited to kick off this fall. Somehow weekends are already filling up, and I just booked my flights home in December (and somehow only paid $158 RT), so now’s the time to slow down a bit and actually embrace everything about my favorite season.
This week was a light one plan-wise which worked out great because work was nuts…Nicole and I got dinner at Tupelo Honey, I went to Orange Theory twice, ordered Chinese food for dinner on Wednesday, and I’m onto season 7 of Suits. I’m spending the weekend doing some blog work, having a couple dinners out, and attending a fun photography workshop tomorrow afternoon! Whatever you’re up to, have a great one! :)
– Last week, I posted about what to get at L.L. Bean this fall and good news: a similar flannel, a more relaxed version (so basically your classic flannel, but size down if you’re between sizes) is marked down in four great colors including navy tartan. It’s on sale for $30 thanks to the 25% off sale promo they’re running, and they’re also still running the deal where you get a $10 gift card for any $50+ spend. Other great picks: my favorite quilted riding vest (size down), this cotton striped sweater, and a classic fall + winter sweater (LOVE).
– In between swooning over how cute Meghan and Harry were at the Invictus Games this week, most of us also took note of her outfit (swooning over those flats)–she carried this Everlane tote that I received a couple of weeks ago and have been using as my work bag. The quality is incredible and the color is beautiful (I have navy) and while three out of four colors are currently sold out, they’re going to be restocking in late November and I think it’s worth the wait. Definitely take their advice and leatherproof it–high quality leather is typically softer so better safe than sorry!
– I always end up sharing a lot of recipes in these posts but can’t help it, especially in the fall! These skillet turkey meatballs are a fun twist on one of my go-to dinner recipes, and apparently this spinach and cheese strata reheats well for a good office lunch.
– The surprising origin of six popular ethnic dishes–the kind that aren’t actually typically serviced in their native country. The first four are foods I personally love and order regularly so this is a fun read if you’re fans of crab rangoons, chicken tikka masala, and the like.
– If you’re in the market to make a huge statement with your bed frame, check out this gingham bed–crazy, right? It’s actually also a great deal, is on sale for a couple more days, and comes in four colors.
– Rounded up my Shopbop sale picks–take up to 25% off almost everything through tomorrow night!
– A little life check-in including my new favorite workout + TV show.
– One of my favorite outfit posts to date–can’t get enough of this budget-friendly silk top and how easy it is to wear for pretty much everything!
Image via my Instagram