TGIF! I’m relieved it’s Friday because I’ve been feeling under the weather since Wednesday night and want to take it easy before a busy work event next weekend and a bunch of fun fall plans. It’s been really gross out–think lots of humidity and misty rain–but today is supposed to be cooler so I’m looking forward to happy hour and dinner tonight, followed by an engagement party for a friend tomorrow and brunch on Sunday.
This week was a busier one…a fun double date on Tuesday night helped break up the week, and I got to meet Gray Malin at Salt & Sundry on Wednesday! He was in town for his new book Escape, which is easily one of the most stunning coffee tables books I’ve ever seen (and that’s saying something.) We chatted about Mi Cocinia Mambo Taxis–he’s from Dallas, too–and I proudly showed him a photo of my friend’s half-bath that she decorated based on one of his prints…basically it was a great 1.5 or so minutes and he’s incredibly sweet. It’s so nice when someone whose work you admire turns out to be so lovely in person!
Last night, I grabbed dinner with a friend at Il Canale after stopping by Tuckernuck to celebrate the retail store’s first birthday. They’ve been one of my favorite stores since they opened nearly five years ago and it’s been so fun watching a small business grow and thrive like they have been. Have a great, safe weekend, friends!
– Sweet & Spark, my go-to for curated vintage jewelry, is having a sale! I especially love this long rope necklace and this pretty cocktail ring…if you need holiday jewelry, snag it now, and if you wear clip-on earrings S&S has you covered. Also, Jillian (the founder–she’s the best!) just did a Q&A with the Huffington Post…it’s the Friday inspiration we all need!
– Dermstore is 20% off (with free shipping), so stock up on any typically pricey skincare products! I’m picking up another one of my favorite gentle scrubs, which I typically can only buy at the dermatologist’s office.
– With fall being such a tease over here, it’s fun to at least feel inspired to wear sweaters and scarves–doesn’t Blair’s shoot make you want to take a fall foliage road trip?
– Last week, I attended the opening of Drybar’s first concept shop in Bethesda. It’s a new…concept…where you can get a dry-style starting at only $10 (curls are literally just $20…how amazing is that?), the same pampering + beverages the company is known for, and the opportunity to try their entire product line with the help of experts and interactive stations. I picked up their cult-favorite Triple Sec and can’t wait to give it a whirl!
– You guys know how much I love Everlane (seen most recently in this post) and am so excited they’ve dropped the price of their cashmere and introduced a bunch more styles. It starts at just $100–and includes the crewneck and v-neck, which are classic cuts and come in tons of colors–
– Has anyone made pull apart bread? I’ve always wanted to give it a try but it’s always felt so labor intensive. I’m sure I could feel differently if I’d ever made bread from scratch (negative) but now that I have a KitchenAid stand mixer (a recent purchase that literally arrived this week!), this pumpkin bourbon pecan version might have to happen this season.
– Happy to finally be wearing outfits like this again.