Happy Friday, friends! While it feels a little weird not to have posted one of these Friday posts in a couple weeks, I think this every other week-ish setup is a lot better. I’m currently in Connecticut visiting a couple of friends around the Hartford area and am so excited to spend a true fall weekend in New England. It’s undoubtably the best time of the year to be up here–you can follow along on Instagram!
The past couple of weeks have felt especially crazy–everyone’s life seems to pick up around this time of year–and I’ve been feeling a little under the weather but thankfully have kept a full-blown cold at bay! Luckily it seems like we’re hopefully done with the drastic temperature changes, which also has me fully embracing the season. J and I talked about logistics around our first Christmas tree (I’ve never had a live one!!) and I really can’t wait. Onto a few good links and some blog-related housekeeping as we kick off the holidays…have a great weekend!
– In light of this post introducing holiday content, I wanted to mention one thing I should have included in there…you might know or have noticed that most of the shopping links I share have a unique/different link…that’s because when you make a purchase after clicking on one of those links, I earn a small percentage of your sale through the affiliate network rewardStyle. You don’t pay anything additional (the retailer pays rewardStyle, who then pays me) and the money I make helps pay for website hosting, photo equipment, and all the other costs associated with running a blog (there are a lot.) Just wanted to share a little background around this since this is a big time of year for online shopping and it’s when most bloggers make the bulk of their affiliate income for the year. Hopefully this goes without saying, but I only ever recommend things I truly love so don’t ever link to things just to make a few bucks. Also, not every retailer I shop at is part of the affiliate network so you’ll see “normal” links, too! Definitely feel free to reach out if you have any questions about how this works because I want to be as transparent as possible.
– 25% off at L.L. Bean: Take 25% off with code 25OFF through Tuesday! In the picture above, I’m wearing this vest (c/o) in an XS (size down if you want it more fitted), this flannel in a small (but I have a couple in medium too), and my Bean Boots. I’ll save the spiel and point you to my current favorite picks from L.L. Bean and guide to buying Bean Boots. The latter are typically excluded from promos so if you’re considering picking up a pair, do so! I’ve also hardly ever seen 25% off (it’s usually up to 20%) so it’s worth thinking about people on your gift list, too :)
– I rarely ever buy things from J.Crew when they aren’t officially in the sale section, but purchased these flats immediately at 25% off earlier this week. Fingers crossed they’re just as cute in person…I typically only buy very neutral shoes so am excited to add a festive pair to my closet. They’re currently doing 40% off a bunch of winter essentials…most of what’s below is included in that sale!
– Julia shared this easy rice bowl with peanut sauce and I’m planning to make it ASAP. I’ve been trying to figure out creative ways to up my veggie intake and incorporating peanut sauce + cashews seems like a great way to do it.
– Have you made bread from scratch before? It’s something I find weirdly daunting (for no good reason other than being unfamiliar) but these pull apart rolls look worth setting aside any kitchen reservations for!
– Sézane opened a store in NYC a couple of months ago and Jackie shared some beautiful pics–can’t wait to visit! Everything they make is so simple and pretty, especially the knitwear this time of year.
– A gin margarita? You’re welcome.
– Katie shared a fun, digestible guide to San Francisco–bookmark it if you see yourself visiting soon or in the future!
– Holiday content has arrived! Pieces for your home, gifts for your boss/coworkers, and more to come. There’s a “holiday” tab at the top nav bar where I’ll be adding posts throughout the next few weeks. You can also view the gift shop, where you can shop all the gift guide items in one place (plus I’ll be adding misc. things that aren’t on the gift guides!)
– I’m so excited to finally kick off a series featuring entrepreneurs and creatives! Read my first interview with Roxy.