And just like that, it’s almost Christmas! I’m heading home to Dallas for a few days but am leaving on Tuesday and coming back before New Years Eve–it’s what I do every year and it’s really nice to beat the holiday rush. Luckily working remotely for a couple days is a one of my 9-5 perks and this is the time of year where I really embrace that. It also means that J and I are exchanging presents on Sunday before we go our separate ways…how is it already time?!
This week, Serena and I grabbed $5 grilled cheeses and $3 burgers at Stoney’s–the best! I also got dinner with five of my blogger girls, and I still can’t believe that our little websites brought us together and turned us into genuine, real life friends (as Jenn told the server, “we’re celebrating friendship…since 2014”). We went to Kith and Kin on The Wharf–the burger was incredible. It felt weird to get something so basic at a modern African restaurant but the flavors were unique and it was perfectly cooked, so I’d highly recommend giving it ago. Also, make sure they serve you the complimentary bread–it’s phenomenal.
This weekend, I’m grabbing dinner with a friend tonight, and tomorrow J and I are heading to the White House to see the Christmas decorations. This is something I’ve been wanting to do since I was little, so am pinching myself that we have the opportunity. All politics aside, seeing the nation’s highest office decked out for the holidays is truly special. Also, a note that my last gift guide is coming tomorrow–it’s stocking stuffers! You can view the rest of them at the end of this post or right here. And a reminder if going through individual guides isn’t your thing, all the items I feature (plus a few more) are in the “gift shop.”
– Apparently “Free Shipping Day” is a thing, but the good news is that lots of retailers are actually participating and offering free shipping with no minimum purchase. Some of my favs…
- Blue Mercury: I recently got this serum and it’s seriously helped clear my skin. They’re also offering a full-sized Laura Mercier body butter with $100 purchase–amazing! PS: It’s free overnight shipping!
- Talbots: I just wrote about their socks (in this post)–I actually just sent a couple pairs to a friend and they’re the cutest gift item to have on hand + would make a great stocking stuffer. Talbots also has beautiful clothes + shoes (like these flats and these heels) and is offering 40% off one item or 50% off two or more items!
- J.Crew: 40% off plus free shipping with no minimum…doesn’t get much better than that! They finally brought back this bow and I ordered it in black (and even had the foresight to ship it straight to my parent’s house), and this coat (my favorite–I have the tan in a size 4) is finally back in stock in lots of sizes and colors!
- J.Crew Factory: 60% off everything + free shipping with no minimum…I mean, need I say more? I waited about two months for this shirt (in black, size small) to ship earlier this fall and when it finally arrived, it did not disappoint! Highly recommend if you’re looking for a versatile, 100% cotton top that can be dressed up or down.
– I’ve mentioned my friend Jackie’s photography shop before, but she just added this beautiful framed NYC facade print–if you have more wall space/room for holiday decor than I do, scoop it up! How sweet would it look on a mantle this time of year?
– The two bottles of ginger beer we have in the fridge prompted me to bookmark 15 of the best ginger beer cocktails.
– One of the coolest things from the Washington Post: A holiday cookie recipe generator!
– In the sprit of my weekend plans, here’s what Christmas at the White House has looked like in the past.
– Swooning over Alaina’s holiday decor–if you haven’t seen her home, you’re in for a treat!
– I’d heard about Giraffe Manor before, but never took an in-depth look–you must check out Mackenzie’s post because the property truly seems like something out of a dream. Dining with giraffes! Feeding giraffes!
– Four Washingtonians share their holiday recipes–Kwame is the chef at Kith and Kin, where I had dinner earlier this week, so I definitely want to try his baked mac and cheese.
THE HOLIDAYS ON C&L:
MORE ON C&L:
– I interviewed the brains behind one of my favorite brands–here’s what she had to say about her background and being a small business owner.
– Recent purchases I love (some good gift ideas in there, too.)
Photo via my Instagram