TGIF! Thanks to the four-day nature of this week for me (I finally work at a job where we get MLK Day off!), I felt productive and refreshed–the latter was a relief, as I didn’t have that feeling coming back to work immediately in the new year. Part of it probably has to do with physically being away from the office for two weeks during the holiday, but it surprised me how much eight hours at a desk wore on me and my mental energy during those first few days back.
Anyway, following a fun weekend at The Greenbrier (pictured above, and see more on Instagram), I spent one night this week at Orangetheory, took one night off, and went to a Bordeaux wine tasting hosted by Calvert Woodley last night. I’m not sure how I’ve lived in DC for this long and not been by their storefront, but plan to do so soon because it’s a family-owned business that overdelivers in the wine, cheese, and sandwich departments–all things I can get behind :)
This weekend should be a good one! I’m taking an InDesign class (despite having used the program for four years during newspaper in high school, there’s still so much more to learn), checking out the new-ish L.L. Bean store in Rockville (!!), and celebrating a friend’s birthday with Mexican food. Productive + fun, just as as a weekend should be! Hope you all have a great one, too!
- We love crab rangoons and keep talking about making a homemade version…there’s really no excuse for why we haven’t tried yet! Heather shared a similar version (that’s also vegetarian)–bookmarked!
- J has been buying me flowers from Urban Stems since literally the week they launched, so I was really excited to learn about their collaboration with Vogue.
- Anyone else a big Aperol Spritz fan? If you are, and have an ice cream maker, make this blood orange sorbet!
- A video of kids trying expensive foods–this is hilarious.
- I’m only part of the way through this but wanted to share–how commoners are saving the royal families of Europe.
- In other royal news: Princess Charlotte could not be cuter.
- Bloggers, this ones for you! How rebranding impacts your blog…I was excited to give my two cents and share some of my experience with this!
- LOFT is 50% off–I love this skirt.
- I took my new Everlane dress for a spin last weekend, and know it’ll be a closet staple for years to come! I’m wearing a size 4 and found it to be TTS.
- My favorite striped shirt brand is now being sold at Nordstrom! Fingers crossed they add more items soon.
- Speaking of Nordstrom, I posted this the other week but classic Jack Rogers sandals are still 35% off, which is the lowest I’ve ever seen them! Picked up a pair because my gold ones were destroyed; they’re take some patience to break in, but are insanely comfortable once you do!
- Last but not least, the best sale happening right now: Tuckernuck has 30% off sale! Stuff is pretty picked through, but there are still so many good finds…this Barbour scarf is only $32 (I love mine!), this striped dress, these statement earrings are stunning, I am IN LOVE with these shoes, and if you’re willing to think ahead to the holidays and have a round table in your home, this tablecloth can’t be missed!
ON THE BLOG:
- If you didn’t live where you do now, what city would you live in? I’m always curious how people answer this!
- Not going to lie, I’m really proud of this recipe…it’s one of the first baked good recipes I basically created on my own, and it’s one we make on the reg!
- So glad we booked a trip to Maine earlier this week–finally making my way to Kennebunkport!
- Unfortunately their 25% off sale ended earlier this week, but here’s what I recommended picking up from L.L. Bean–and still do :)