How is it possibly the end of March already? We had a snow day just last week and it was 77 degrees yesterday but the calendar says March 31, so here we are. My week was really low key…Serena and I got dinner on Monday (we talk regularly but always have so much to discuss when we get together, that we’ve joked about making “to discuss” lists) and I’m feeling good after getting in a couple of solid workouts.
This weekend should be a good one! Katie and I are getting brunch tomorrow and I’m finally shooting a couple of spring-friendly outfits for the blog. I’m getting a couple of Orangetheory classes and am working on a bunch of BTS blog stuff + freelance content, so fingers crossed it’s as productive as I think it’ll be :) We also have a couple of apartment-related projects and checking those off always makes me so happy. Whatever you’re up to, have a great one!
- Jen posted about H&M’s new arrivals the other day and I went over to take a peek–honestly, I have this mental block against perusing the site because the store gives me an overwhelming Forever21-like feeling in the worst possible way–but I can happily get over this block for their website. While I try not to pick up trendy pieces that I’ll either tire or of or will fall apart after three wears, there are some gems like this or this for a summer wedding. Also, v. into these PJs. More in the widget below!
- Old Navy has some great office-friendly basics right now (on sale for under $20), like this sleeveless sheath, this one, and this one. Here’s a sleeved version, if that’s your preference!
- A versatile duffle bag that’s perfect for the guys, too! I got J a Bric’s duffle a few years ago and he loves it. The bags themselves are really lightweight–key when you’re swinging it over your shoulder!
- A beautiful date night top under $75.
- Sail to Sable is having an awesome sample sale–75% off! I love their dresses, especially in the dead of summer (see one on me in this post) and just ordered this one for under $50. I wear a size small! They’re linen, so just make sure you don’t put them in the dryer.
- The clutch to take to every wedding this season.
- Some of you may have caught wind of this via Twitter or Facebook, but I had to make a new FB page for the blog because they wouldn’t let me change my page name from “Cake & Lilies” to “Monica Dutia: The Blog.” I didn’t have a ton of followers on there to begin with, but it’s still not fun to have to build up again…if you’re up for giving it a “like,” I’d seriously appreciate it–I’m always surprised that despite the algorithm, it’s a consistent source of traffic to my site!
- A Lilly Pulitzer cottage in Nantucket…to be honest, I’m surprised it’s taken this long but when can I check in?
- I loved this post from Katie on how she organizes her digital life. I pride myself on organization but always find myself taking cues from her, especially in the way of things like photo storage and backend things for the blog!
- Another goodie from Jen–a sweet recollection from her study abroad days.
- Tomorrow is National Stripes Day! You know this is a holiday I can get behind :)
ON THE BLOG:
- Why this $150 hairbrush is worth the money.
- Five items under $50 that I can’t live without (including my relatively new, all-time favorite face wash!)
- 17 spring finds and 10 more under $50 because it’s warmer temps are in sight!
- Speaking of spring, here’s my theory on off-season shopping.
- Random thoughts from 35,000 feet, featuring my stance on buying wifi on planes.
- The perfect post-workout protein “milkshake” that everyone must try!
- A recap of + some snaps from my trip to NYC earlier this month.