This week was a doozy. I can’t even pinpoint specific reasons, but I was overly exhausted and Tuesday felt like Thursday, so that’s always a little frustrating. On the plus side, I made zero post-work plans, felt pretty productive, our apartment is decorated for the holidays (complete with a teeny tiny “glitter” tree from Trader Joe’s and holiday lights), I baked peppermint cookies, and my roommate and I have had rando selections from the “Holiday” section on Netflix on in the background practically nonstop for the past week. So things could definitely be worse.
This weekend bring some workouts, a potluck with friends, and an incredibly exciting all-you-can-eat chocolate buffet at the Ritz Carlton which I’ve been looking forward to attending since I first heard about it over two years ago. Whatever is on your agenda, I hope you have a great weekend and stay warm :)
– This Michigan cop acted in the true spirit of the holidays… seriously the sweetest!
– Anyone else currently have (or had, at some point) an Ikea LACK coffee table? I had one in my last apartment and can’t get over how good/amusing this story is. For one, genius topic idea and two, it’s applicable to 20-30somethings everywhere.
– I’m eager to explore almost everything Victoria writes about, but am especially intrigued with her post on Bemelmans Bar at the Carlyle Hotel in NYC. I’ve always wanted to visit the Carlyle and am blown away by the decor and charm that this iconic space possesses. Not to mention, I’m a huge Madeline fan, so the tidbit about the bar being a) named after the illustrator and b) covered in his murals, has me adding this spot to my dream list.
– The sweetest UPS ad… cue the “awwwww”s.
– I love my gin and love marketing, so this article on how Hendrick’s Gin captured the “young audience” is fascinating. So much going on behind the scenes, of course!
Image via Style Me Pretty with slight modifications and text added by me