Happy Friday! Hard to imagine it’s nearly two weeks September when it’s going to be 95 degrees here today, but cooler temps are supposed to be here in a couple of weeks so I’m trying to be patient and embrace the warmer weather for a few more days. This week was very low key and it was great…I got a lot done and even sort of took a few hours “off,” (watching TV for more than 10 minutes without my laptop in my lap) which isn’t something I normally do…it actually makes me feel weirdly lazy, which is a terrible thing I’m trying to work on. Also–anyone else think this didn’t actually feel like a short week?
Plans for the next couple of days include grilling and a fun photoshoot that I can’t wait to share with you guys! Other than that–lots of behind the scenes blogging work. Any fun things on your agenda?
– Love these “lunch box” ideas–they’re totally grownup friendly and many seem pretty simple to throw together. I like the idea of throwing in some indulgent favorites and unexpected desk lunch foods (like charcuterie) and balancing them with something light and simple like apple slices!
– A guide to Indian condiments…so comprehensive, and will have you having craving the cuisine, no matter what time of day you’re reading.
– Speaking of food: these Thai chicken spring rolls from Libby look incredible! If anything, the chicken alone would make a great addition to salads, rice, or a sandwich.
– Hilarious piece on The Bachelorette from New York Mag. Read whether or not you’re a fan of the series!
– Love it when two of my favorite bloggers get together to chat! Nan interviewed Annie about her morning routine…taking notes on her simple makeup routine!
– Dallas has changed so, so much since I last lived there over seven years ago (eeek). Bookmarking Merritt’s city guide to share with friends + family and will be utilizing it whenever I’m home!
THIS WEEK ON C&L:
– A guide to visiting Palm Beach – one of my favorite places I’ve visited!
– A green smoothie you need to try if you’re afraid of the green part.
– Probably the last summer outfit of the season…but it’s a goodie!