Today’s homemade pimento cheese dip recipe has been on my “to make” list for awhile, and one I thought would be annoyingly complicated. Boy was I wrong! Homemade pimento cheese dip is probably one of the easiest, yummiest dips I’ve made and will absolutely be a staple for potlucks, BBQs, watching sports, etc. It’s so versatile, seasonless, and is the best thing to put on burgers. I mean, something you can eat with chips/crackers as an app and then spread on top of any kind of sandwich? Yes, please!!
Homemade Pimento Cheese Dip
- 1 cup monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup medium sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (I used light)
- 4 oz diced pimentos, drained*
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/4 heaping tsp teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash paprika
- Dash chili powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in a large bowl and use a mixer on medium until all ingredients are well combined.
Serve your homemade pimento cheese dip with bread, crackers, chips (I love it with classic potato chips), or as a spread on a sandwich, grilled cheese, or burger. That’s it. Literally so simple!
* I used half a jar of these; note that the jar doesn’t say “pimentos”
Photos by Monica Dutia