Hope you guys are staying warm out there! Pretty sure they said 48 states experienced sub-freezing temperatures yesterday–eek. I like the cold so am not complaining, but am annoyed to have finally developed a cold/sinus infection this week. I was just thinking about how good to be true it was that nothing had hit, and here we are: downing ginger + lemon + turmeric tea (love this one and add my own lemon), and taking some meds. Fingers cross it subsides today before a fun weekend!
On the agenda are a casual date night, a fun hair styling event hosted by Ashlee (I’ll be snappin’!), Katie’s annual cookie party, and a photography lesson. Festive + productive…I’ll take it! What’re you up to this weekend? STAY WARM!!
– I love mousse (and peppermint), so obviously ended up bookmarking this recipe from Charlotte. The mini jars don’t hurt, either!
– Also, these cream cheese chocolate chip cookies..sensing a theme?
– Have you heard of Sézane? I first heard of them when Victoria mentioned them awhile ago, and know it’ll be at the top of my agenda on my next trip to Paris (you can order online, too). Anyway, Cup of Jo shared a tour of the founder’s home and it’s so on-brand with the prettiest and quirkiest details. That kitchen!!
– One of my favorite posts from Katie, ever: her top 10 moments of 2016. You may be seeing something similar from me in the next couple of weeks!
– Given my penchant for gin, definitely adding this hotel in London to my “dream hotel” list–Distillery. A gin-themed restaurant, bar, museum, and the first-ever English cocktail book? Sign me up!
– Washingtonian’s “readers favorite bars + restaurants” list is out…I’ve been to a bunch, but still have a ways to go! High priorities for me include The Dabney, Fiola, and Fiola Mare.
– Autum has come and gone but Jackie’s photos from the Bow Bridge in NYC are everything!
– On the shopping front, a couple of my favorite retailers are offering free shipping today…check out Sweet & Spark and J.Crew (plus 40% off your purchase)! Waiting on Martha isn’t doing free shipping, but has 20% off everything with code LASTMINUTE.
THIS WEEK ON C&L:
Photo via Jackie Greaney