And just like that, we’re halfway through 2017! I’ll save the spiel cause we all know how fast time is moving…kind of crazy. We’re taking the train up tomorrow morning for a wedding, and the plan is to squeeze in brunch and a couple of touristy things upon arrival. Be sure to follow along on Instagram–I’ll be ticking the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall off my American history to-see list. Fingers crossed for good weather wherever you are, and hopefully some relaxation in the form of pool time or a glass of wine/a cold beer are part of your plans. Have a great weekend, friends!
SHOPPING: I’m irrationally excited about this–the DVF dress I’ve been coveting is MINE! It’s been marked down for a few months but the popular colors and sizes seemingly had sold out everywhere, but I found it on DVF’s site. It arrived yesterday, fits perfectly, my new favorite cocktail dress and I think it will be foreverrrrr :) I’m wearing it this weekend, but know it’ll be the go-to LBD in my closet…essentially, it’s perfect for weddings year-round. The sale price + free shipping makes it a deal. Definitely size up–I’m consistently a 4 and got a 6.
Also this dress is supposed to arrive today…it’s marked down to $32 and would be the perfect travel outfit. A few picks under $100…
– While the overall aesthetic of this DC apartment isn’t the same as my own, I did take away a few good tips + finds…it’s totally proof that traditional + modern mix very, very well when done right! #goals
– On the fitness front, I tried TRX for the first time last week and it was awesome. Like, I was sore for four days (also attributing this to having helped a friend move and painting the living room) but I definitely plan to incorporate it into my workout routine. Carly breaks down some straightforward exercises if you want to try it yourself!
– Is there an Aldi by you? If so, this rosé was named one of the best in the world. Oh, and it’s $8/bottle. Go buy a case and share with me, k?
– An informative and funny post on how to get good photos with your travel buddy–perfect for summer adventuring!
– I rarely drink soda but when I do, it’ll typically be a Dr Pepper (#Texan). Here are 11 things you may not know about the beverage/company!
– A healthy, easy breakfast I eat regularly–especially in the hot summer months!
Photo from my iPhone on last Sunday’s trip to the farmer’s market. There were literally more girls taking photos than buying the berries.