After three nearly back to back trips (Vermont, Newport, and the Cape), most of my summer travel is over aside from a trip back home to Dallas in a couple of weeks! It feels good to get back into a routine even though being on vacation is the best, and there are some home improvement projects we’re planning to tackle, namely in the way of rearranging furniture for a couple fun new pieces that should be in within the next few weeks. Also, if you’re around DC this weekend, Ashlee is co-hosting this travel + style event tomorrow–there will be lots of tips and tricks and happy hour specials. “Travel hacking” is something I’ve been becoming increasingly interested in post-college, so am ready to learn and mingle with some of the best in the industry :)
EATING: We’re trying to get kinda back on the healthy bandwagon here (but still eating leftover fudge for dessert, obviously) and doing so means more home-cooked meals. We moved with a lot of pasta and I’m always eager to try use some of that up, so we cooked some sausage into tomato sauce and had it with pasta + salads this week. This is probably pretty amateur of me, but I’d never ordered from the non-deli meat counter until a couple of months ago and am happy to be getting more comfortable with that. Trader Joe’s doesn’t have a meat counter and I grew up in a fairly consistently vegetarian household, so it was a new experience!
– If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen me talk about Tupleo Honey–they have a location right over the bridge in Arlington and it’s one of my all-time favorite spots for Southern Food. I’ve been working with them a bit this year (a full post coming Monday!) and to kick off their to-go ordering, are offering 20% off with code TH20CakeandLilies through next Friday. You can order online here!
– This zucchini mac & cheese? You bet I’ll be making it!
– Mackenzie wrote a beautiful letter to her 18 year-old self–it’s beautiful written and has lots of pieces many of us could probably relate to.
– Loving Krista’s transitional outfit #nevertooearlyforcashmere.
– House shopping? LOL: Lee Radziwill, Jackie Kennedy’s younger sister, is selling her Paris pied-à-terre for a cool $4 million. I’ll be taking notes for decor inspo! It’s truly stunning…and those floors!!
– Grace wrote a great post on some of her most received blogging-related questions.
– Ashlee is making me want to plan a trip to Amsterdam, stat! Another friend was also just there and it looked like she had the best time…moving this one up on my list of European cities to visit. Also, her home was featured on Houzz!
– A wonderful post on the growth of Kiel James Patrick, a great all-American brand you should know about if you don’t already! I visited their store in Newport a few weeks ago and picked up this sweater.
– I will definitely be making Chrissy Tiegen’s lemony Cacio e Pepe.
– Snaps from Cape Cod (and some great food recs if you find yourself there!)
– Sharing a stationery + gift shop you need to know about–I’m obsessed.
– The Coastal Living Idea House was pretty much out of a dream and I’m so glad we made the trip while in Newport!!