HAPPY DECEMBER!! Hope you all are enjoying this time of year as much as I am…I’ve also decided that I’ll never go another year without having a Christmas tree up because despite it taking up a sizable amount of real estate in our small space, it genuinely makes me happier every time I see it. I’ve also been drinking hot chocolate almost nightly and am tearing through a bag of mini marshmallows at record pace, which is a great problem to have.
This has been an interesting news week (what week lately hasn’t been, I guess?) but waking up to the news of Meghan + Harry’s engagement on Monday was awesome…anyone else feel that way? I started watching Suits a few months ago and instantly became an MM fan–coupled with my longstanding love for the monarchy, all I can say is that May 2018 can’t come soon enough (thank goodness Kate has a baby on the way in April!). In the meantime, I’m counting on my friend Diana + her team at People and T&C for all my royal news :)
What are you guys up to this weekend? We’re hosting a little super belated housewarming + holiday gathering (ugly sweaters and all), and I’m going to Orangetheory tonight after work. There are also a few house-related projects to check off–namely hanging our new curtain rod and a couple of things on the wall–and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t unreasonably excited to be finally making some more permanent decorating decisions for our home!
Some links + happenings around the web…
– One of the coolest, most creative gift ideas: these signed and framed restaurant matchbook prints. Must-see if you’re a fan of dining out in NYC, plus a handful of restaurants in other locales. I’ll be keeping an eye out for more additions! Also, follow Charles’ Instagram account–I’m newly obsessed!
– There’s nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day–here are 16 noodle soup recipes to inspire you this season.
– I made cranberry muffins post-Thanksgiving last year and they turned out so, so well–I can’t recall the recipe, so may give this one a shot soon!
– Thinking about 2018 travel? Here’s when it’s cheapest to travel to these places around the world.
– I have so much respect for full-time bloggers…it’s really not the easy, glamorous job it appears to be. Jess wrote a great, honest post on the truths behind the businesses.
– Especially relevant over the holidays: how I’ve been striving for a healthier lifestyle.
Image via my Instagram