Hope you are all staying warm, wherever you are! DC didn’t get slammed with snow like the tri-state area and New England, but our “feels like” temperature has been in the single digits or negatives over the past few days and all I can say is that I’m grateful to be a Texan who copes well in cold weather. I’d take this over 100 degrees any day, but it’s definitely not pleasant outside! The good news is that I’m nearly over the bad cold that hit me last week, and am planning on going to Orangetheory after work today before getting dinner with some friends at The Salt Line. I’ll be braving the cold tomorrow for brunch at Victoria’s new house and an engagement party in the evening–thank goodness for Lyfts and warm coats :) Whatever you’re up to this weekend, stay safe and make it a good one…kind of insane that it’s the first weekend of 2018!!
- Harry and Meghan’s wedding is reportedly going to boost the U.K.’s economy by $680 million–anyone else planning on waking up at 4-5am on May 19?
- My friend made a batch of this chicken and vegetable curry over the weekend and recommended it to me–a simple weekday lunch while it’s this cold out!
- Six secrets from a hairstylist.
- Katie shared a sneak peek of her bedroom along with a decorating secret for anyone who loves West Elm furniture but hates the price (so, everyone).
- I’m on a mac and cheese kick right now (we had the refrigerated one from Costco when I was home for the holidays, and it’s incredible if you haven’t tried it) but a lot of recipes look unnecessarily complicated given that mac and cheese is supposed to be a basic comfort food. This version allegedly uses one pot and takes 20 minutes…hopefully it’s not too good to be true! Will report back.
- A look into Jenna Lyons’ home, with a video and everything! A lot of it is not totally my style,
- This sweater is on its way to me–it’s $79 and should work well for the office, too!
- I live in Jacks all summer and really needed a new gold pair, but tend to wait till they’re on sale–and they are right now! Just ordered some on Wednesday, and most sizes are still available…the gold and silver are the most classic, go-with-everything sandals I own and despite the breaking in process being a bit painful, can’t recommend them enough :)
- And if you mentally can’t get behind summer footwear, I also have and love these low Jack Rogers booties and they’re 35% off, too!
ON THE BLOG:
- Talking about my experience with Orangetheory and why it’s my workout of choice.
- Looking back at my top posts of 2017, based on Google Analytics.
- Sharing an outfit post with what I wear most: my favorite athleisure!
Photo via York Avenue