It almost felt like the weekend started last night because J and I had a spectacular dinner at Pineapple & Pearls, a dining experience that’s been on our bucket lists since it opened two years ago. It’s a beautifully done, 10 course meal with drink pairings, and we were there for almost three hours. It’s very much a splurge and something we’ve been planning to do for awhile (plus, reservations go fast and you generally have to book about six weeks out), and I’m happy to report it lived up to expectations. If you go, definitely try and get seats at the Chef’s Counter…it is amazing watching the kitchen produce piece after piece of what is essentially edible art!
This is our first weekend in DC since February 3 and our last weekend in town before another three of travel. We’ve literally made zero plans aside from getting some furniture delivered and going to Orangetheory. I’ll be doing my taxes, working on lots of freelance + blog work (Amsterdam recap coming next week!), cooking something healthy, and relaxing. It’s basically supposed to rain for three days straight, which will hopefully make tackling this to-do list much easier :)
- 28 dishes around the world for $5 or less–we had the bitterballen (delicious) in Amsterdam!
- The Queen sat alongside Anna Wintour at London Fashion Week–!!!!
- Have you been to Park City? Ashlee’s recap made me add it to list.
- Nordstrom is having a wonderful sale–my go-to cashmere is $50, a pair of classic booties under $100, and inexpensive but high-quality workout leggings.
- Katie and I have gone through a lot of photography-related growing pains over the past few years, and one of our biggest challenges was mastering the “walking shot.” She shares her tips–they’re a must if you’re trying to master DSLR photography, too!
- A huge behind the scenes look at NBC’s Olympic coverage…from their broadcast operation in Connecticut.
ON THE BLOG…
- Little life updates/happenings.
- Current Trader Joe’s favorites (including game-changing avocados, and I promise there is such a thing).
- Two small business essentials I can’t live without.
- A few things I’ve bought recently (and some things I’m eyeing, obviously).
- Mini chipotle BLTs that I wish I could eat every week. If BLTs aren’t your thing, you’ll still want to put the chipotle mayo on everything!
- The coolest new gift idea to keep in your back pocket.
- The great sale at L.L. Bean is over, but here are my favorite pieces right now + thoughts on the new return and shipping policies.
// The image above is the most stunning door in Amsterdam. Heart eyes!